An examination is the final hurdle and then there are smiles for the successful result. But at the same time, it is capable of bringing (or even to most of us who could not do it well, it in fact does bring) disappointments as well.
Unfortunately, it is not taken very seriously by most of the students. It is very sad to observe that by the time we get to realize about its significance it is already too late (i.e. when we do not find our names in the list of successful candidates, instead in the supplementary list). That experience in fact is very painful one. It hurts us a lot, as all our hard earned efforts of significantly long time all vanish or get shattered in a moment(just in a two or three hours.
So, to avoid such agonizing experiences, let me share some examination tips which may help to tackle examinations in the most easiest way. It may not be applicable for some of my readers, but I always follow these tips during my examination time:
1. Give yourself enough time to study. Don’t leave it until the last minute. Trying to grasp all information at the last night before your examination may not be the best approach. Setting out a timetable for your study and following it strictly and working according to it will really help you to balance your time for all your subjects.
2. Take down your own notes. It is really not advisable that you borrow somebody else’s notes since they may have their own style in taking down the notes or a different appreciation of the facts from your own. It is very surprising and sad to know that students take notes of their friends and xerox it at the end which will not help in any way. It may help you in satisfying yourself that you might have studied but it won’t help you to tackle your examinations easily. On top of that jotting down your notes instead of reading whole notes may have added advantage in increasing your memorization skills.
3. The most important thing before you start to study is to organize your study space. Make sure you have enough space to spread your textbooks and notes out. Try and get rid of all distractions. Shut down your computer if not really required. If need be close all your social networking sites like Facebook, Skype,etc…. It also eliminates any possible excuses!
4. It is must for you to practice on old exams. It will let you to find out what kind of questions are going to be in the exam and the best way is to look through old exams. It will let you understand the layout/pattern of the examinations and moreover it will let you to know the amount of time you have to spent in different types of questions.
5. Take a break. Don’t force yourself to sit studying for 24 hours a day. If you’re training for a marathon you don’t try and run 24 hours a day. Try to schedule your working times in different times of the day too.
6. Sometimes join a study group. This is a great way for you guys to have a good exchange of ideas. It will also better improve your memory work and lighten your burden at the same time since you have other people doing other parts of the leg work for you! At this time you must subdue you ego and try to exchange ideas for the betterment of all members in the group.
Hope the above-mentioned examination tips will help my readers.